Thursday, June 18, 2009

Viva La Coldplay!

Oh my goodness! That was the best comcert EVER! It couldn't possibly have been greater! The seats weren't as bad as I had expected, but they were still kinda far. I still had an incredible time! I loved them limitlessly before, but now I love them even more!!

Here's a play-by-play and a theme-by-theme record of the night:

- Well, it opened with the band Howling Bells (they were the opening act for the opening act - tough gig) and they were pretty good. Then Snow Patrol came on and they were great. No match for the headliners though.

- During the transition to the Coldplay stage, there was this one roadie that looked like he was just sweeping the stage, but then a spotlight came on and he started break-dancing to the hip-hop music that was playing. It was totally awesome!

- Before we went in, I bought a T-shirt that says "Life in Technicolor" on it. I love merchandise!

- Now for the songs they played, they did a remix of a few songs which rocked. So here's a semi-list of the songs they did, in relative order, as close as I can remember: Life in Technicolor, Violet Hill, Clocks, In My Place, Yellow, Glass of Water, Fix You, 42, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (remix), Talk (remix), The Hardest Part (remix), Postcards From Far Away, Viva la Vida, Cemetaries of London, Strawberry Swing, Lost!, Green Eyes, I'm a Believer (Beatles cover), Politik, Death and All of His Friends, Lovers in Japan, The Scientist (encore), and Life in Technicolor ii (encore). OK, I definately screwed up the order, but that's a songlist nonetheless.

- About three-quarters of the way through the show, Chris made the techs turn all of the lights off in the Saddledome and we all did the Mexican Cell Phone Wave. It was freaking awesome!

- All of the cool song-specific effects were there! The lasers for Clocks, the giant yellow crowd-surfing balloons for Yellow, and the butterfly confetti for Lovers in Japan.

- Chris and Jonny were just as "lovey dovey" as usual. They were awesome! They are truely blood brothers! I love how totally in-sync the entire band is with eachother, it's like nothing could ever separate them! Will Champion even sung a song for us!

- At the end of the concert we got the free live CD that we were promised!

Had the best night in a long freaking time!



(I did not take this picture...)

I'm off to listen to my live CD and watch some Coldplay music videos. I encourage you to do the same. Do it. Now. Worship Coldplay for the musical geniuses that they are. Go.

Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment