Sunday, June 28, 2009

That'll Be The Day (When I Actually Study For A Test)

Went to see "The Buddy Holly Story" at Stage West on Friday night. It was really good! The guy who played Buddy Holly was really good (but he didn't look enough like Buddy for my liking, actually he was better looking than Buddy). After the show he was selling CD's of his band "The Human Statues" by the door. I didn't buy one, but the people I was with did, and we listened to it in the car. Not bad, I suppose. All of the songs kinda sounded the same. There was one good song; can't remember the title... man on the radio, or something to that effect. The whole CD has a very strong Buddy Holly vibe.
If "The Human Statues" are reading this (which they aren't) here's few tips that you may or may not find helpful, from me to you (great Beatles song):
- Kick up the bass (drum and guitar) quite a bit. Right now the songs sound a tad hollow.
- Not quite so much rhythm guitar. I know you are good at it, but it gets old really fast.
- Mix up your instruments. I suggest violins, or some other different instruments, but I know that can get a bit pricey.
- Stretch your vocal limits. The lead singer has a great voice, but right now, all of the vocals on every song is the same. Experiment with the capabilities of your voice and you'll get a more dynamic album.
- Song lyrics are generally pretty good, but some are quite cheesey. If that was your goal, then you've succeeded.
Well, that's it. My message to the band that isn't reading this blog. Ya.

Right now I am supposed to be studying for my General Studies 300 (remember... the class that has turned me into a hypothetical zombie?) final exam. I'm a chronic procrastinator and that will never change (unless I'm doing something I actually want to do or enjoy doing).

Last night I watched "Amelie". An incredible French film starring Audrey Tautou and Mathieu Kassovitz, both of whom I love! I can't get enough of that movie, even if subtitles aren't the funnest part of a movie.

OK, I will leave you with a cool film clip from the movie "Trainspotting".



Choose Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment