Sunday, June 21, 2009

Reminiscing About Old Good Movies

On Friday night I watched most of "Boogie Nights" and it reminded me just why I thought it was such a great movie in the first place. It is an incredibly crafted and well-made film by the wonderful Paul Thomas Anderson (filmmaker of "There Will Be Blood", another awesome movie). The acting is just amazing all around. I have to make a special mention to Philip Seymour Hoffman. While his role was small, he was absolutely brilliant. It didn't matter whether he was the focus of the shot or not, he was always in character and you could just watch his little character ticks and everything he did had a purpose. I incredibly admire an actor that can do that.

On Saturday morning I watched "The Truman Show" and was again reminded why it is one of my favourite movies. Jim Carrey gives one of his best peformances to date, he is wonderful to watch. The direction was awesome, as was the music.

What is weird is that I watched both of these movies on TV, but I own both as DVD's.

I went out with friends to a pub on Saturday night, which was fun. Had a Crantini and the spring rolls. Talked about complete nonsense for a long time.

However, this weekend I did spend a grand total of 14 hours working on a 13 page essay with Tif. It's in script format and it consists of Aristotle, Cesare Beccaria, and Elizabeth I discussing changes that should be made to The University of Calgary's Sexual Harassment Policy. *Holds hypothetical gun to head, pulls trigger, and hypothetical brains shoot out the other side.*

Painted my toenails purple.

Visit http://www.deadwhale.com/. Lots of awesome games!

Watch this. Brad Pitt being crazy in these clips from "12 Monkeys".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgP2YA8EMM

Playtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment