Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Unbearable Lightness of Monotony

So I went to a "play" in High River on Sunday. Longest two and a half hours of my life (except perhaps when I was watching "Silk", you know that movie with Keira Knightley) and it wasn't even a well-executed long and boring two and a half hours. Just terrible. It was nearly equivalent to being locked alone in a completely stark white room with no air-conditioning, strapped to a plastic picnic chair and made to watch 6 hours straight of little old ladies knitting and talking about orchids, poodles, biscotti, hip replacements, their grandchildren, napping, and how much Marge and Hilda enjoyed their seniors-only cruise through the Maritimes.

Last night I watched "The Ballad of Jack and Rose" on YouTube (shhhhh... you didn't read that...). It has Daniel Day-Lewis in it. I love him. He's just too great at acting. Too great.

Well, I have nothing to do this week but next week I have two essays due and that will be horrible. Hold on, I smell another long and gastly metaphor coming...
It will be like writing a book on why carpet fibres are shaped the way they are, and at the same time writing a book about how to look for funny shapes in the clouds.

These next couple of weeks, I have a feeling, will be the most boring of my life. Maybe just of this year. Maybe this month. I live a dull life.
Hoping to go out this weekend perhaps just to kill the monotony. Perhaps.

I have decided to show you the winner of my Greatest Laugh Ever award. There were no other nominees. The winning laugh goes to the brilliantly hilarious Mr. Ricky Gervais.



Great right? I know.

P.S. See what I did with the title? Clever right?

Boo ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment