Thursday, March 12, 2009

Days of Past and Future

Well, nothing interesting is actually happening at the present time.
However, I thought that I might discuss what I did a few days ago and what I will do later this week. Boring to read? Probably. Boring to write? Not necessarily. Should you still read it? Why not?

Past

Well, last Wednesday I saw "Witness for the Prosecution" at Churchill. It was good. My kudos go to the actors who had to memorize essays worth of dialogue, but it's all in the spirit and the art of the theatre *eccentric hand flourish*. I must mention, however, that I found the accents to be more laughably entertaining than convincing but I'm sure they tried their best. Wonderful work Churchillites!

On Saturday I saw "An Ideal Husband" at Theatre Calgary. Hilarious and well done. Even more dialogue memorization, and the accents were spot on. Oscar Wilde thrills me endlessly. I read (most of) "The Importance of Being Earnest" for English class. His sense of humour is intensely amusing. I also love that he didn't take art (his own or anyone else's) at anything more than face-value. There are way to many people in this world that take theatre and cinema way too seriously, searching way too deep for "hidden meaning" when there usually isn't any.

Been watching past seasons of Project Runway on YouTube. Quite entertaining. Although, it can be quite frustrating when the girl, who creates something that might be called a garment of clothing in some twisted and deranged alternate universe that not even a blind hooker would wear if she was paid a million dollars, gets to stay in, while the guy who creates a slightly boring but practical dress gets the big "Auf Wiedersehen". Still fun though.

Future

I am excited about this Friday, aka tomorrow, though. Going out with the "gal palz". (Note: I promise not to use that phrase again in the future, but I would like to keep it in this post just because. It's wise not to question my motives, they make no sense anyway). Gonna drink, gonna laugh, gonna sing like a tone-deaf Celine Dion with laryngitis after sucking on a helium balloon, gonna dance like Richard Simmons. Sounds like a good time, right? Of course it does.
Gotta break down some parental barriers to get it to actually happen, but my outlook is exceptionally positive.

Gonna get tickets to a COLDPLAY CONCERT!! Darn right! One of the greatest bands on this here planet Earth is coming to this little Alberta town and I am getting tickets! I have to buy them online tomorrow morning at 10am, and I gotta do it fast. I am SO not missing out on this concert because I was too slow connecting my fingertips to the keys. I also get to use the maternal's credit card. Her credit card number, by the way, is...
I bet you thought I was actually going to tell you, right? If you want it, just e-mail me. I'll give it to you for a small fee.
.
.

Don't they look cool?

That was rhetorical as it is quite obvious that they are insanely cool and if you don't think so, you are no longer allowed to be my friend/acquaintance/family member/blog reader.

In the words of Ace Ventura...

Alrighty then...

No comments:

Post a Comment