Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Extra! Extra!

Read all about it! There is nothing interesting here, but read it anyways!


JWJW GAZETTE
WEEK HAS BEEN FAIRLY NORMAL AND GETTING PROGRESSIVELY MORE NORMAL

Week In Review News Items:

- On Friday night, I got completely plastered (aka hammered) at Kilkenny's with Tiffany and Megan. Then went to Tiff's and played Rock Band. Had loads of fun!
- On Saturday, woke up with no hangover (surprisingly) and watched movies the entire day.
- On Sunday, went to Crowfoot. Visited Blockbuster (rented "Australia" and "Burn After Reading") and Chapters (bought "Rules of Attraction" by Bret Easton Ellis).
- On Monday, went to school. That's it.
- On Tuesday, went to school. Ordered Chinese food. Yum.
- On Wednesday, went to school. Luna ate a sleeping bag. She spewed it's internal organs (stuffing) all over the basement... RIP sleeping bag.

Entertainment:

Movie Reviews

Australia - Very epic. Like an Australian, WWII era, version of "Gone With The Wind". Hugh Jackman was delicious. Nicole Kidman was kinda annoying. It was a mind-numbing 2 hours and 45 minutes long and could have been about an hour shorter. I give it 3.2 stars.

Burn After Reading - Seriously hard to follow and not as entertaining as I hoped it would be. If you want to watch a movie in which Frances McDormand acts like a desperate, single, middle-ager; George Clooney as a weird, womanizing, slimeball; John Malkovich as a self-righteous f-bomb dropper; and Brad Pitt as a complete dorkus... This could be the movie for you. It's a complicated movie with incredibly stupid characters. It's a movie for the socially retarded. I give it 2.8 stars.

Popeye - Oh boy, I love you Robin Williams, and I forgive you for this early-in-your-career mistake, but I had many surges of emotions while watching this monstrosity. I felt like laughing then crying (purely because I had no idea what I was supposed to be feeling), then I felt like gouging my eyes out with a grapefruit spoon. It gets 0.5 stars.

Concert News

I actually got seats to the Coldplay concert! WOOT! The seats aren't the best, but it's freaking COLDPLAY! So, just to be there will be awesome. Gonna get a T-shirt.

Sports:

Were you actually expecting me to have events in a section called sports?
Move on.

Health Watch:

My big toe on my left foot hurts like a SOAB. (I use the acronym SOAB because the acronym SOB is technically incorrect. Think about it.)
On Saturday, my nose bled for nearly half an hour. Non-stop. While watching "A Knight's Tale".
I've decided to get a tattoo. It's pretty small and I designed it myself. Cross your fingers for me that I don't get blood poisoning or a skin infection. *Fingers crossed*

Weather:

Cold, then not-so-cold. I haven't really been paying attention.

Education:

*No article on education. Reporter is sleeping and web-surfing instead of working.*

Alrighty, if you want a subscription to this (surely Pulitzer-prize-winning) newspaper, this was just a one edition thing. Too bad.

Conclusion.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment. My first comment actually, you are actually probably the first person to read my blog. Feel free to read but I can't imagine it would be very interesting, mainly the venue for my depressive musings. It's quite personal actually, I just never thought anyone would stumble upon it. I'm Peter by the way.

    ReplyDelete