Monday, November 9, 2009

If Wisdom Teeth Are So Wise...

...then why are they even part of the human anatomy when you usually have them taken out anyway? That's what makes no sense to me.
It's like the appendix or the spleen. You don't really need it. Why is it there?

The reason I mention these particular demon-teeth, is because in two-and-a-half days, I get to have all four of mine surgically removed. That's right. Surgically. Here's the kicker: I will not be put under anesthesia because it's not covered by insurance so I get to watch the bloody horror in living colour. Not to mention spending the next few days in a house-bound state moaning and over-dosing on Jell-O, pudding, tomato soup, and painkillers as I recover.

So if you can spare a reasonable amount of sympathy that would be much appreciated. If you are all tapped out of sympathy, then you must know way too many people who are down in the dumps. Maybe it's your fault. Think about that.
Seriously, if you have any spare sympathy. Send it my way. I'll even take pity if that's all you can offer. I won't ask for empathy, that would just be mean. Compassion would also be very welcome, but that's probably asking for too much.

Well, today was my last day of school until Monday, so hallelujah for a week off of school! It's reading week at U of C, hence why my teeth appointment was made for Thursday so I would have ample time to "heal". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my time. I should be catching up on my reading, but I'm sure that won't happen.
I'm actually glad that we have a week off, because almost all of October was absolutely insane, just assignment after paper after midterm, all back-to-back. Insanity, I tell you! Insanity!

So, I will sort through my weeks of e-mails and catch up on my correspondence (that includes you too Brooke, my apologies!) and catch up on my sleep. Also, if I decide that I should do some schoolwork, I may do an essay. Sounds like a party, I know.

Oh, I forgot to mention Halloween! It was pretty chillaxed, just played Rock Band with a friend and dressed up to hand out candy. This year I was Charlie Chaplin! I love him. It was a pretty awesome costume, IF I do say so myself. I made it the day of Halloween and didn't spend a penny. Resourceful? I think so! It says something about my wardrobe that I have a bowler hat, suspenders, and a grey suit vest lying around.

Here's Rufus Wainwright and his song "Going To A Town":



Yes, it is too bad that he's gay. He's pretty. All the pretty ones are gay. Depressing.

You should also check out two more of his videos:
Music video for "April Fools". The girl dressed as a Geisha is his sister, Martha.
Music video for his cover of The Beatles song "Across The Universe". Excellent cover.

I'm going to go tweeze my eyelashes, give myself papercuts between my fingers, punch myself in the nose, sit on some wine glasses, and shoot myself for joining Twitter.

Pluck. Slice. Gush. Crunch.
Bang.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god...if I wasn't laughing so hard at that last part I would be frantically finding the words to tell you how badly I feel that you have to get your wisdom teeth out...and that you're gonna be wide-eyed and kicking for the entire thing, jesus gerome christ you are brave, seriously if I could bottle my sympathy and send it to you I'd be at ups tomorrow morning. I hope everything goes well
    I hope you have a fast recovery, don't do anything just get better!!
    Email me, I mean, when you get better, you take care of yourself!!!
    PS. April Fools Video one of my favorites ever, his face makes me feel like I'm being slightly chucked under the chin by god
    PSS. Twitter? Jackie...noooooooooooooooo!! lolol
    PSSS. I hope this makes you feel a little better, it's quite giggle worthy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojOiWq4wWc
    those darn wainwrights har har har
    PSSSS. I don't know if I'm allowed that many ps's buuuttt, I've got pics from the vatos show!!!! I'll send em to you once yous feelin better!

    ReplyDelete