Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home, Home on the Range!

Where the deer and the dirty clothes play.

And yes, there is certainly an abundance of them. Dirty clothes, not deer. Well, there are a lot of deer in Alberta, but nowhere near me. Whatever. Anyways, the clothes are so foul that I think they could possibly get up and play just to tease me with their grossness.

The reason there are so many nasty clothes is because we just got back from vacation today. Had a really fun time. Not really a fan of the stinking heat that exists in California, but we dealt with it. I won't go into details about the trip on my blog, but if you want to know every little part, then just talk to me. Communication is a beautiful thing, but it gets tarnished via the internet. It is actually like taking Cinderella (and she was supposed to be beautiful, right?) and taping her mouth up so she has to talk (and sing, because she does that) through writing on a chalkboard around her neck. Oh, and putting a silly hat on her.

I sure did miss a lot (entertainment-wise) while I was gone! My goodness gracious! The Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" movie trailer came out, and here it is. I'm lovin' it so far.



I also missed the debut of the brand new music video for Coldplay's song Strawberry Swing. It has got to be one of my favourite music videos. Not just out of Coldplay's videos, but of all of the videos I've ever seen! Here it is.



I really want to get my iPod Touch asap, but I just had to pay my cell phone bill, so I'm a little short on the moola at the moment. I guess it'll have to wait a "touch" longer (pun absolutely intended).

While I was away, Tif looked after the house (plants and cat) and did a mighty fine job of the task if I do say so myself. My tomato plants look A-wait for it-MAZING! I even see a couple of buds on there, which means I'll actually get tomatoes off of those plants (it was touch-and-go there for a bit).

Wow, this particular blog post uses the word "touch" a lot. OK, only four times. Let's see what I can do about that.

"Once upon a time there was a little girl who liked to make cards. She made touching cards for her mother and her mother was always so touched. When she made the cards she touched the paper, and she touched the crayons, and she touched the glue and the glitter, and she touched the scissors. Her mother found her creativity touching, but then she found the little girl cruelly touching the family dog and now the little girl isn't allowed to touch her scissors and the dog at the same time. Now it's a touchy subject. Not so touching."

Nice, in that strangely terrible little paragraph, I have increased the total to eleven.

OK, I'm done.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment