Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The World Was Shaking So Much I Couldn't See The Pretty-ness

I just saw "Public Enemies" in theatres.

It' s a really good movie, but there are also things that if I could meet Michael Mann, I would smack him upside the head for:

- Johnny Depp was incredible as always. I think this is one of his best performances because he pushed himself emotionally farther than I've seen him go in a while (since his earlier, more "indie" movies). He is simply brilliant! Wonderfully pretty too, as per usual.

- Christian Bale was good, he did his job, but wasn't nearly as dynamic as Johnny. Of course, his character was only a supporting role to Johnny's, but he still could have done more with it. Still pretty though.

- The supporting cast was also really good (especially Marion Cotillard).

- The one thing that I really dislike about this movie though, is that the camera wouldn't stop moving!! It was handheld the entire time! It was bouncing and twisting and whipping around so much I couldn't see what was going on during half of the action scenes. There were also too many really-really-really-close-up close-ups. This movie was shot in digital (as opposed to film) so it was HD and very realistic, which exposes every little detail (and really told me who the truely great actors were among them).

- Oh and for some reason, Christian Bale looked a lot older than Johnny Depp in this movie, when in real life Christian is about 11 years younger than Johnny. Go figure.

Take a look at this resemblance:


In case you didn't know; Dillinger is on the left, Depp on the right. You should know, unless you live in a cave or a hut in Malaysia (no offense to any Malaysians who may be reading this).


This is the eighth time that Johnny has played a real life character. He manages to transform himself into each role every time in a ridiculously uncanny way. Here are a few more pictures from his past movies when he plays a real person. Remember: real person on left, Johnny on right:

Ed Wood (from the movie "Ed Wood")




Hunter S. Thompson aka Raoul Duke (from the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas")




George Jung (from the movie "Blow")





Cool, ya?

Turns out I didn't need the help of the brainless monkeys over at Abobe PhotoDeluxe who are busy scratching their own cabooses. I figured it out all by myself. *Pats self on the back*


I'll leave you with a strange music video for a song I like. Here you go:



P.S. Please feed my fish. His name is Walter, and he is in the top left-hand corner of my blog. Click in his little area to feed him. He will follow your mouse around. Cute. I also added a poll (which will change weekly), so please vote.

Bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment