Sunday, November 7, 2010

C.R.A.Z.Y.

A conversation with my mom while watching Annie (1982):

Mom: I love Yul Brynner.
Me: That's not Yul Brynner.
Mom: I thought this was Annie.
Me: This is Annie, but that's not Yul Brynner. It's Albert Finney.
Mom: I'm thinking of another version then. This is the best version. No wait. The best version is the one with Carol Burnett.
Me: This is the one with Carol Burnett.
Mom: Oh.

It was a good conversation. My immediate thoughts were "Dear God, there have been way too many versions of Annie made for both stage and screen", and then I realized I didn't really know all the versions of Annie, so I had no place to criticize her confusion. However, she had been watching the movie for over an hour. She should have realized that this was the version with Carol Burnett. Oh, and Yul Brynner was never in any version of Annie. Thought I'd clear that up.

Good news. The good people over at the SAIT security office have recovered my USB Flash Drive for me, complete with door key thing and candle charms. My faith in life has been restored. Or rather, the SAIT security team has become worthy of my faith. Now all of you can breathe. All is right with the universe.

So I went to Edmonton this weekend.
Edmonton is like the less successful older brother of Calgary. It's jealous and bitter over the utter awesomeness and sheer over-the-moon successfulness of Calgary and it just sits up there in the north wallowing in self-pity, wondering if it'll ever achieve the same greatness. Which it won't because it doesn't have the ambition or determination of it's southerly younger sibling.
Too bad Edmonton, we had such high hopes for you, but we Calgarians are too busy being cooler than you that we don't really have the time or energy to care.

Oh, and go support Canadian entertainment by renting, buying, or legally downloading C.R.A.Z.Y. It's a beyond amazing French Canadian movie. If you are too lazy to read subtitles, I suggest you get off your high-horse and absorb some Canadian arts gosh-darnit! Even if it is French...




























And if Marc-Andre Grondin isn't adorable in this movie, then I don't know what adorable is. Who knows, maybe I don't.






















Good night ladies and gentlemen. I'm going to bed, but feel free to keep the party going. Please finish the wine, as my fridge is packed full of Diet Coke, english muffins, seedless grapes, and poppers.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment